Camp Longhorn Pre-Camp COVID Testing
Any staff member or camper attending Camp Longhorn must obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no earlier than 4 days before arrival.
Exceptions: There are a few exceptions to the testing requirement:
- Completed COVID-19 vaccination card (with last dose at least 14 days prior to arrival)
- Positive COVID-19 test from within the last 90 days, but no later than 10 days prior to arrival
A PRINTED COPY OF YOUR RESULTS WILL BE NEEDED WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT CAMP.
Campers: Should test on Wednesday for a Sunday arrival
Staff: Should test on Tuesday for a Saturday arrival
Important: The only test accepted is a “PCR” test. Rapid (Antigen or Molecular) or Point of Care (i.e., POC) tests will not be accepted. A PCR test will analyze the results in a lab, the testing can be done with an at-home kit or at a testing center. A swab or saliva sample for a PCR test is acceptable.
Below are some helpful resources to find a test near you:
- COMMUNITYLAB in partnership with Camp Longhorn. At-Home Saliva Test (Will Accept Insurance). Please Register for the At-Home Kits at least 2 weeks before your Camp Session.
- Curative offers drive-thru no-cost mouth swab PCR tests at many sites across the nation
- CVS (*On the questionnaire, indicate that testing has been prioritized by a medical professional)
- GoGetTested.com has an interactive map to schedule a free test
- COSTCO at home kit. saliva sample, no swab
- Texas DSHS Testing Map
- DAVIES MOBILE MED CLINIC San Antonio
- East Texas - LSU Health Science Center 2627 Linwood Shreveport, La. (Previously the old ChevyLand) Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm with results (if test before noon) within 24-48 hours No reservation Needed (i.e., Walk-In) and Free of Charge. See Info Flyer for details.
COVID-19 Pre-Screening Form to bring to camp.